Sunday, August 3, 2008

I still got it...

This weekend was the annual cousin's reunion at my great aunt's lake house in Monticello. It was great to see everyone there and the kids were very excited to go on the boat and tube.

Ty was out for quite a while with the "boys" tubing and having a blast while Maddy stayed on shore jumping on the trampoline and swimming around by the dock.

It was getting later and I was ready to go when one of the kids said, "Mom, I thought you were going to try skiing?" Unfortunately, Pete heard (the boat driver) and before I knew it we were off.

My mom, Maddy, Megan, and Kelly were in the boat with Pete and I as we started off for the "calm" part of the lake. Realistically there was no thing as the calm part as there were many, many boats and jet skis out that day.

As we were getting to our destination, Maddy must have asked a dozen times, "Are you nervous, Mom...Are you scared?" I had skied many, many times growing up but that was probably 15 years ago...AT LEAST!!

I was nervous as I jumped off the boat into the water and put on my skis. Would I be able to get up? If I did, then what???

I am happy to report that I was able to make it up on the FIRST try and even though I fell a little later, I still got it....

No comments: