Monday, January 19, 2009

4 years ago...

4 years ago tonight I was in a hotel room, in Key West. Getting ready for the "big day!". We got down there on Friday night and spent both Friday and Saturday having fun and playing at the bars. Sunday came and went, and so did Monday. Tuesday, however, was a very different day. Tuesday was the day I was going to get remarried. Yes, I had said more then once that I would never get remarried, but it was different. HE is different.

Tuesday morning we headed to the court house to get our marriage liscense. Everything was set. We met one last time, to finalize the last details, with the minister who would be marrying us.

He decided that he wanted to get tattoos while we were down there. Something symbolic, something between just us...

I headed to a beauty salon and had my hair curled by an older cuban woman who did not understand a lot of English, yet she smiled and understood the importance of the day.

After getting my hair done, we headed to the tattoo parlor. He had done a lot of research about this shop and we went to put a down payment and get an appointment. He met the man who would be doing his tattoos, trying to explain the symbolizism of them, they worked all the details out and we were ready to head back to the hotel.

Only then did we realize that we were supposed to be meeting the minister in 30 minutes.

30 MINUTES! to get ready for this special day...to get back to the hotel, shower, dress, makeup, and get to the beach....

We got to the beach, and the photographer and minister were there. We took the pictures as we headed to THE SPOT...OUR SPOT.

The sun was setting, the music was playing and it was just us, on the beach. Although, I don't remember the exact words that she spoke, I remember his face, the way he looked, and the way he looked at me. There was so much love in his eyes and acceptance of not only me, but my children as well.

I never thought I would love him more then I did that day. It was truly perfect, but looking at him today, and knowing what we have accomplished together, I love him so much more.

He supports me in everything I do, has unconditional love for me, and his willingness to help me through everything is amazing. I cannot express how much that day meant, but know that each day I live with him is a gift.

Thank you, Gregg, thank you for all that you each day. For always making me feel so special and loved. 4 years ago I said I do and I would do it all over again! I am so happy that we will grow old together! I LOVE YOU!!

No comments: