Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to school

It seems like summer just started and today is now the first day of school. This year is a big milestone as Ty goes to middle school. I don't agree with the school district moving the 5th graders up with the 8th graders but I guess my opinion did not matter.

So today, my son, is going to middle school. I am happy and yet very sad. He is my baby, my first born. I love watching him grow and mature, taking the steps necessary to grow up. Sometimes failing or falling and I trying to help when needed but give him the tools to learn to help himself. It is a balancing act. Every instinct I have is to protect him from everything in the world that is bad but know that he needs me to teach him to survive in the world today.

Don't get me wrong...there are mama bear times where I will fight to protect him. But today, I can't and have to watch him get on the bus with all the big kids and go to middle school.






Maddy is one of the older kids in the school this year. I am sure it doesn't make it any easier on your first day but at least she has been there and knows where everything is. She is also my baby, my last baby. She is growing up too quickly and I see a lot of myself in her. She has a twinkle in her eye and an inquisitive nature. She is full of life and loves every minute of it. She is growing up and wanting to do things for herself. She loves clothes and dressing up, making sure she looks "just right". Her laugh can make me laugh and her smile makes me smile.





To both of my kids on their first day of school...I love you and am thinking about you. I am sad that our summer time together is ending but know that you need to go back to school, learning and growing...and I will be there, every step of the way!!!

No comments: