Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Update: to check it off your list

I know that I am only on day 3 of this long journey but thought I should describe my first 2 days.

Day 1: Learned I was running the 5k. Went home put on my running shoes and ran/walked about 1 1/4 miles. Very proud of myself.

Day 2: From what I have read about training this day is supposed to be for rest, or to walk. Decide to take the dogs for a walk.

Distance: about 2 miles.

Time: 8pm (height of mosquitos)

Start out, first mile, dogs pulling me. Yelling at dogs to "heel".

Half way point, dogs walking at great pace. Thinking to myself, this is sure nice.

Just over half way point...Coco (our chocolate lab) decides she is done walking and stops. Lexi (the yellow lab) has a lot more energy then Coco and is pulling to carry on.

We stop....and wait....and wait some more. Coco finally decides to walk some more.

5 blocks from home...pulling Coco while Lexi is pulling me.

FINALLY home!

Decision: Train ALONE.

No comments: